A problem with Glitch

A few hours ago, when i was coding my bot then the bot suddenly went offline and I saw this message inside the log:

(node:12793) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do.

at timeout.client.setTimeout (/rbd/pnpm-volume/da9ace17-88f3-48d0-a30c-c700d9af6908/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.5.1/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/ClientManager.js:40:57)
at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/rbd/pnpm-volume/da9ace17-88f3-48d0-a30c-c700d9af6908/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.5.1/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/Client.js:436:7)
at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)
at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)
at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)
at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)

(node:12793) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 6)

(node:12793) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Was my IP banned or something? I need help.
My bot’s host is on Glitch, project link: https://glitch.com/~sayumi-bot

Hey there,

From what i could gather, yes, you IP has probably been banned by Discord. You should try contacting a Glitch staff member instead.

Keep Glitching!

haven’t on a support site before
So i’ll have to contact support on Discord?

No you do not need to contact discord, you will have to wait for @cori to retire the banned host, and then your bot will work again, the error is nothing on your end and there is nothing you can do yourself to fix it other than wait, if you leave your project name here then that may lower the time that you must wait for your project to be moved from the banned host.

Indeed. Confirmed status 429.
I have sent the project name, thank you for your help!

1 Like

By staff member, I meant Glitch staff and not Discord staff.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in, @Callum-OKane and @chroventer!

As reported in the Discord Ban Megathread by Jenn, the Glitch team is on the case! Everything should go back to normal soon.

1 Like