Abusive remixing?

One of my older projects (accessible-coil) was suspended with the message “Project accessible-coil suspended: Abusive remixing is a violation of the Glitch Terms of Service. Contact support@glitch.com.”

The project was just a recreation of the “Build-a-Burger” project from Thimble. I haven’t used it in a while because there are plenty of other user’s projects that were migrated from Thimble, so it’s not a big deal if I can’t access this one. The page was typically used in classes I taught on HTML and web design, so it’s likely that the remix button during a class would be hit by at least a dozen computers all at once. I want to make sure I avoid violating the ToS in the future so let me know if any of this usage was inappropriate.

Thanks!

@dtepe It might have been a result of this. Was your project suspended over the weekend? You can email support@glitch.com to get your project reinstated.

I first noticed it a few week ago, so I don’t think it’s related to the problem that occurred over the weekend. I only just got around to investigating it yesterday.

Anyway, none of my other projects seem to be affected, so it’s no big deal, I’m still able to teach with Burgers. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sure @glitch_support will take a look into this!

“sure”? they take a look to it 100% :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @dtepe,

Thanks for reaching out! Suspensions like this happen when we receive either an alert that a project is violating our Terms of Service. Sometimes when responding, it is necessary for our system to suspend other apps that may be similar - but not entirely the same.

If you believe your app was incorrectly suspended, you can send a message to support@glitch.com and we can review for reinstatement. If you are no longer using the app, then you are welcome to ignore it.