Access Refused while using PG

I am trying to use PostgreSQL with the module pg in my glitch project, but while trying to connect I get an error:

11:18 AM
    at Object._errnoException (util.js:1019:11)
    at _exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1041:20)
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1175:14```

Is there a workaround around this?

Hi @Soumil07. Can you let us know what you’re using when passing the pg package your Pg connection string? I’m asking since I’ve never seen that error before from pg so I just want to make sure you’ve got the right format for it. Note: I don’t need your actual connection string (please don’t give it to me) but what it looks like.

For example, when I connect to my Compose Postgres database, my format string looks like this. I’m posting it here so you can see if you have something resembling it.

postgres://dbusername:dbpassword@aws-us-east-1-portal.17.dblayer.com:5432/dbname

Yours might look similar but obviously with different username, password, database name, host and perhaps port too.

And here is how I get a pg.pool using the connection string:

const pool = new pg.Pool({
  connectionString : process.env.DATABASE_URL
})

Other than that I’ve got no other suggestions unless you could perhaps paste us more code or link to your project so we can take a look. Thanks. :smile:

1 Like

I am also having a similar issue.
SequelizeConnectionRefusedError: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:5432
^ is the error I am getting.

while te one below is my code:

const Sequelize = require('sequelize');

const db = new Sequelize('database', process.env.DB_USER, process.env.DB_PASS, {
  host: 'localhost',
  dialect: 'postgres',
  logging: false,
  operatorsAliases: Sequelize.Op
});

// and I have written the below codes inside a async functon
await db.authenticate();

But I am happening to get that error I posted at the top.
Any help regarding the fix is highly appreciated. :smiley:

Hi @Froosty,

You can’t connect to localhost:5432 as there is no postgresql server running inside your project. You’ve to use a third party service for postgresql databases.

1 Like