Add Package button turns page white

I am trying to add a package to my project but when I click the button the page turns white. What’s going on? Anyone else having this issue?

Getting this error in the console of the editor

1 Like

Yea, most of the time when your page turns white it means react is failing to render the page due to an issue. The only thing you can do for now is wait for glitch to fix this issue

1 Like

Still experiencing this issue. Would appreciate an update. Am I the only experiencing this?
Just checked on another project of mine and I don’t have the issue, so I’ll just email support@glitch.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if this is related, but I’ve found that occasionally the page turns white for a couple of seconds just when I update my package.json. When it next happens I’ll take a look in the devtools for any errors.

Can confirm, this still happens to me, but it occurs randomly.

1 Like

I have contacted Glitch and they have said:

I checked in with the team about this bug yesterday [3/2/2020 UK Format (D/M/YYYY)] and they said that they will be looking at it more closely next week. While it would be best if you left the affected project[s] as-is, we have received a few other reports of this happening in projects that our team can use for the investigation. So if you absolutely need to [use] your project, you don’t have to wait on us.

This email was intended for my project. I asked if I could edit it after they asked for me not to. My best idea is for you to send affected projects to support@glitch.com :slight_smile: @khalby786 @raymond

4 Likes

Hello!

This should now be fixed. If you notice it happening again, please send us a support request.

4 Likes

Whenever I try to add package by clicking on the “Add Package” button, the entire editor disappears then goes into a fully blank page.
I inspected the element of the Glitch editor, and it seems like the button basically removes the division inside of the following code:

<div id="__react-app-root"></div>

Please I need to edit this project, it’s not really allowing me to use the editor ;-; (Although you could still add package by typing, but the package.json just really seem to be glitchy for no reason.

See Add Package button turns page white

1 Like

We’re merging in a fix for this today, thanks for letting us know! We use a service to generate the modules for that drop down, and some weren’t sending back a last_stable_release_version, so we’re validating that now and making sure the page doesn’t just vanish if it doesn’t have it :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile: Sounds good!
P.S. Can @glitch_support merge this thread with mine? (Add Package button turns page white)

Hello!

The Add Package button should be working again now. If you notice this happening again, please send us a support request.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Please thank the team :slight_smile:

just noticed that. tysm

1 Like

I cannot get my students project to load? It was working fine last week?

smith-aframe-shooter.glitch.me

thanks,
Kyle

Hey @Kyle_Kuhlers, please try to create yourself a new topic in #glitch-help, because your problem isnt relevant with this topic. But i think your project isnt loading can you describe the problem more in a new topic?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.