Add support for more code install libraries

It can be frustrating when you can’t use a library because it’s not in Node.JS. Could more code install sources be added?

Can you give an example?

Oh, I’m way ahead of you. I already created a project containing several code install sources. Just request access to it. Then, I’ll let you add your own favorites from NPM so anyone can fork it to experiment and figure out the best ones. README.md – dapper-detailed-ruby (glitch.com)

It currently has Docker, Yarn, GitHub, and a few others. Takes forever to come online.

Oh neat, I’d love Docker and yarn, you have my vote.

1 Like

Can you add more? I’ll invite you.

I doubt this would be possible but apt support would be really neat.

Then try it with NPM, Git, Docker, and Yarn. I’ll invite you.

I just invited you.

Is this what you meant? apt - npm (npmjs.com)

Oh I was talking about the non-npm package.

How do you install it normally? The server seems to have the following setup: GNU bash, version 4.3.48(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) . Try to install it.

No I was just saying that you cannot install apt packages on Glitch.

But can you install the base for it? You might as well try. We have the following packages and features:

"dependencies": {
    "docker": "^1.0.0",
    "express": "^4.17.1",
    "github": "^14.0.0",
    "yarn": "^1.22.10"
  },
  "engines": {
    "node": "14.x"
  },

The docker package probably isn’t going to work as Docker isn’t install on Glitch containers.

1 Like

I installed it at package.json – dapper-detailed-ruby (glitch.com). Can you check if it works? I’ve never used it before.

APT appears to be installed, actually, at package.json – dapper-detailed-ruby (glitch.com).

Is it really, @RiversideRocks , or am I just confused? Could you check?

Apt is installed, but you need root to install new programs globally (primary use of apt).

Oh. Can you install them locally?