I have a glitch app attached to a live client site. I also have the development version of this app (with new features in development), also on glitch as a different project.
Working on the production, live code in glitch can (and has) caused headaches for the users of the production environment, so I’ve moved to two environments…
To promote my development, work-in-progress version, to the live version, I do this :
- code and test in the glitch project A
- export project A to ‘develop’ branch at github.com
- visit github.com and do a new pull request from ‘develop’ branch to ‘master’
- go to the live app B at glitch
- import from ‘master’ branch at github to the production app B at glitch.
This works, and forces me to carefully consider regression tests, database changes and code quality before deploying to production, but it does seem a bit clunky.
Can anyone suggest a cleaner and less manual way to do this ?