Allow pinging with boosted project

I know that the ping service was banned for any project.

Some project using webhooks that are unrelated to the use of ping services. As boosted project is always online, so I think there is no reason for using ping to let the project wake up with boosted project.

Hold up, aren’t boosted projects always on?

1 Like

Yes, boosted project is always on, Glitch banned ping service for disallow user to ping unboosted project, but why the boosted project still banned this ping service? Not just ping service, any non browser request to the project endpoint are forbidden.

False, I have been able to use curl just fine. Glitch blocked common services people use cause they would have distinct user agents

For me I using the project as webhook endpoint first telegram, when telegram trigger the end point, it say wrong response from the webhook 403 forbidden, so I think it still not working.

Well, what service are you using to send requests?

I using telegram api to set the webhook with my project url, when i send some message to the telegram bot, the telegram api will trigger my webhook, but telegram api displaying “Wrong response from the webhook: 403 Forbidden”, so that mean they cannot reach my project endpoint.

This would be a nice feature as making an API with Glitch is hard with this restriction.

1 Like

Curl itself has their User-Agent headers so it’s works. Without that header, Glitch will throw it into 403 error.

By the way, Telegram Webhook APi seems like didn’t gave any User-agent header during request, So they throw 403 error on it. But if i see, that’s not a bad idea.

Cuz, Everytime i’m requesting to my API endpoint that hosted on glitch, It always forbidden if you don’t provide User-agent headers.

Hi @hoffman :wave: If you can provide the name of your project I’ll take a look and see if I can figure out why we aren’t allowing Telegram to send requests to your project.

1 Like

I’ve discovered that Glitch simply denies requests which don’t contain a User-Agent set in the request header. Does this also apply to boosted projects?

I came across this while attempting to investigate the 403 Forbidden response everyone seems to encounter when using the Telegram Bot API webhook. Some conversations indicate it has to do with the User or User-Agent fields set to TelegramBot, but through trial and error it appears to only occur when the User-Agent field is blank or doesn’t exist.

Case A

User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.29.2
→ 200 OK

Case B

User-Agent: TelegramBot
→ 200 OK

Case C

User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.29.2
User: TelegramBot
→ 200 OK

Case D

User-Agent: <blank>
User: TelegramBot
→ 403 Forbidden

FYI, I wrote to Telegram Support requesting for a “fix” on their side:

Attn: Telegram Bot API team… can you set a User-Agent value in the Header from webhook requests? This is typically the convention and it’s actually preventing people from building Telegram Bots on Glitch (a very popular development platform). More details here: Allow pinging with boosted project - #11 by demoive

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Think about it. Since Project Hours is implemented, The feature for blocking non-User-agent header(ed) request seems safe to remove.

Because even the user pings it, The Project hours gets consumed.

2 Likes