Alternatives for Swear Words

Hello! :wave:

I recently discovered how many people use swear words as if they’re an everyday noun or adjective, and when in a server or group that is against swearing they don’t know how to talk correctly because they know no-to-few replacement words. I then proceeded to look online for alternate words to use in place for swear words, and all I found were more swear words or words that had no relevance to how the swear words were being used.

So I decided to create a website that gives more civil replacements. It’s a really simple website with buttons and lists, but that doesn’t make it a bad one, does it? I plan to expand it with more alternatives and swear words in the future.

All alternatives listed on the website are either from memory, Thesaurus, and other online websites.

AfSW

https://alternatives-for-swear-words.glitch.me/

Not all words on the website are “swear words”, such as Jesus (and “damn” for some people). If you have any complaints or words I should add, please send me a message here on Glitch!

Hope you enjoy! :smile:

2 Likes
  1. Jesus is not a swear word to everyone.
  2. tit is inappropriate, why not breast?
  3. (personal) the font is killing me
  1. I thought I noted that not all words are swearing words but apparently I didn’t, so my bad.
  2. I had been thinking about “tit” for a while and with your recommendation I removed it and “breast” was already there.
  3. That’s fine :slight_smile:

Thanks for th quick response :slight_smile:

1 Like