An all new Glitch editor

i highly agree

1 Like

Thanks for all of the updates and support! Using chrome, my project doesn’t seem to auto refresh changes when I’m previewing in a new window. Feature does work in preview pane and the auto refresh box is selected in the dropdown settings. I prefer developing with a fullscreen preview and don’t want to constantly manually refresh…

What is the new way to change the project name? I can’t seem to find it!

yes… please bring back the old editor somehow, or make the new one optional until the bugs are taken care of. The new editor has so many issues that it’s completely unusable for teaching :frowning: The old editor was much better.

4 Likes

is this solved – i can’t believe i can’t figure out how to change the project name … when i try in settings it just says file not found ???

i know I am missing something – but what’s the secret?

So, how do I change a project name ?

I click on settings, a click on edit details , then a change in a box …

and then save click ( that’s 4 clicks now ) …

changeFail

I didn’t want to find it – I wanted to name it!

So – I am missing something (I assume its obvious) can someone please explain it to me? I have logged out and in rebooted restarted etc etc.

s

Please revert this update or add an option to revert.
The grey theme is pretty distracting when writing code please add an option to change the theming of the editor. It’s very annoying having to inspect element and change the color themes manually.

Also when opening larger files it often crashes or when opening a specific project in general it crashes the browser completely making me have to restart the browser. The interface is harder to navigate and the bottom bar is very obnoxious.

Just expressing my feelings with this update. Sorry if it comes as harsh but this update is very hard to get used to for me.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue as well, with some buttons showing up black in other parts of the site, like the profile area, etc.

I’d love to see dark mode implemented throughout the Glitch site. I have my browser preferences set to dark mode and build all my sites with that in mind. I’m a night owl and definitely have some light sensitivity so dark mode is a huge benefit for me, not just a trendy thing!

1 Like

Here’s a bug that annoys me:

For whatever reason when you create a folder that has the same letter in the same position, it will replace the first folder you created and replace it with a duplicate of the second folder you created. For example, you create a folder called js/ and css/, the js/ folder will completely disappear and there are two css/ folders.

Also, why is the text white on project pages?

Thanks for continuing to report issues! They are all being looked at and bugs are being worked on… :bug: :building_construction:

2 Likes

YES THAT SUCKS
it happened to me

luckily it doesn’t actually delete the files

1 Like

When i got on glitch i was aboslutley disgusted by the ui and im about to just look for another coding program and move all my websites to there because i hate this so much whoever came up with the new layout deserves to get fired

2 Likes
  • Renaming and other actions are now unchangeable in editor UI, very inconvienent
  • DARK MODE IS CRAP
  • Things just look messier
    Seriously, we need an old editor option. Mainly because the new editor is not as good as the old one in many people’s opinion.
1 Like

Give us an option to revert back to the old UI. Also, make it so that we can change the name of the website in the same window. The edit button for the website title is gone.

2 Likes

ok it worked today – so either the universe tilted or you changed something ? i don’t know.

if you changed something, thanks!

still would prefer this in the main tab but being able to actually name projects is a big win.

Glitch won’t tell you if the name you want is already taken, which is quite annoying. If it redirects to something that isn’t your project, that name is taken. Archived and private projects with the same name will show “can’t find <name here>”. I hope there is an update coming that will allow users to see if the project’s name is taken before you click save and redirect and all that, but for now, you just have to hope the project name you are trying to set it to isn’t taken.

Hopefully this helps.

1 Like

You didn’t finish the archive feature on the product page - it just copies to clipboard.

Thanks for reporting! This is fixed now.

2 Likes

when will this be fixed?

2 Likes

I wish you could revert to the old editor, or not have the UI so bulky and half-finished. It really sucks.

3 Likes

I give an example of glitch getting stuck when I create a folder after the last view customization it just introduced

When I write struct/Client/Client.js the website freezes, I have no problem with myself.