An "anonymous" user added blank files that were previously deleted

An anonymous user added files named the same as files that were deleted in the past. I have shared this project with NOBODY. It is a public project. When i tried to rewind to remove the files, the preview kept them there. Is this some sort of a glitch (no pun intended)?

More information:

Project Name: meow-bot
Other:
I did not import it from github. The old file names were addrole.js, removerole.js, and help.js. The new files that were added were just called addrole, removerole, and help.

Solved Information:
Basically, the package FS must gave gotten confused when i deleted the files, and decided to “add them back”

To make is easier for the developers, could you please provide your project name if your feel comfortable doing so?
Thanks,

if you know theres a pung in tended but joikes aside did you do anything with github to the project bc when you import from git it will say a anonymous user did it

Hey @MeowCatPersonThing typically when you see Anonymous user changes in a private project that means that some process in your project is writing files to your project’s file system. If you can provide your project name someone can take a look and provide more details.

Hope this helps!

The name of the project is meow-bot

More information:

Project Name: meow-bot
Other:
I did not import it from github. The old file names were addrole.js, removerole.js, and help.js. The new files that were added were just called addrole, removerole, and help.

Hey @chroventer can you show me where you’ve seen that? I must have missed those posts.

I’m looking into meow-bot, but at this point it does not appear as though any Anonymous users have accessed the project’s editor.

Ok, I wanted to confirm what I thought probably happened by reproducing this in a project of my own. I’m fairly confident those “Anonymous” edits were the result of someone in the project making file changes using the project console and bash commands.

In my example, I executed touch music.js and then waited for the Checkpoint. Then once that change was committed to the repo I executed rm music.js followed by touch play.js and waited for those changes to commit to the repo. Here’s what my project’s Rewind looks like:

Those last changes are by an “Anonymous” user reflecting the changes I mentioned. If you want to take a look you can use https://glitch.com/edit/#!/join/7035e396-d4a6-48b7-b819-f714c81c5d8f (you’ll need to join the project to see the Rewind).

:thinking: i did not use anything to edit files though.

some modules can write files to your project for various reasons and it says its a anonymous if its logged at all

okay, thanks for all of your help everyone!

also if this ever happens in a hello webpage and you never used the console and it doesnt have package.json on it AND you didnt use the import from git then reporit it asap (it would be a hacker)