An Update From Glitch Support About Recent Incidents

Verification is a very time consuming process. If you want student verification, an integration with the Github Student Pack is probably a great way to do it.

4 Likes

What if glitch did something as part of the student pack? Like more CPU and space

2 Likes

I don’t see any reason why a student would need more computing power or storage, afterall, 200 MB is more than enough for the average developer. Aren’t students also supposed to learn how to make optimized applications that doesn’t need 1GB to work? :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t like that comment :stuck_out_tongue: Rip my CLI tool

2 Likes

I just hope I could at least login and export my project to github. I just made major changes last night and was careless enough to not take a backup…

If your project is public I think you still should be able to download it via git, maybe?

Unfortunately its private

If you have your git access token you should still be able to download.

Never underestimate students, especially ones like @random and @Jonyk56. :rofl:

3 Likes

Underestimating them would be to expect them to use less space and memory. I mean, every developer wants their packages or programs to be as small and efficient as possible.

1 Like

erm… not the case for me, altho i do like efficiency a lot, we all do =P

1 Like

How come?  

Packages that take you 20 months to make… are extremely large, and I honestly, never cared, to minify any of the code which is now over 700mb

A package that uses 700MB of disk space? Are you insane? What does your package happen to do exactly?

1 Like

mass process deployer + rube goldberg machine

1 Like

@ihack2712, a warning: never use @Jonyk56’s package (except for html-db), don’t even test them.

wait, use glitch-host and discord.js-parody!

i spent weeks learning to make them usabe

2 Likes

Hahah! Yeah… No, you’re right!

I usually create my own packages anyway if I need something that isn’t already made by a popular developer.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why we probably shouldn’t use them. If you had to learn how to make them usable it also probably means that they’re not very memory efficient, or generally efficient, probably not that secure either. I’m not saying this to be a d*ck, I’m saying this because I know for a fact that the majority of Glitch users isn’t exactly professionals. And most people would want to use software made developers that has a large user-base, because you know that people contribute to packages and you sorta can trust that someone has made it more efficient and stuff like that.

2 Likes

Anyway, we’re going off-topic, let’s stop the discussion now :slight_smile:

2 Likes