An update on how we've been making glitch more reliable

Hi everyone! We wanted to share a brief update on what we’ve been working on. You can read about it here: https://glitch.com/glimmer/post/an-update-on-how-weve-been-making-glitch-more-reliable

We appreciate you being on this journey with us and we’re excited for things to come!

8 Likes

Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:
Eddie
Edit: Thanks for the shoutout: :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks, I will be sure to have a read.

4 Likes

Thanks Jen!

20chars20chars

1 Like

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the amount of control glitch gives us with how our projects are run. You get to choose what package managers you use, what tools you use like nodemon, webpack, and how it’s installed the first time. When I was working on repl.it for AI I had to use the poetry package manager when one of my projects used pipenv. It also got once trying to install a package that was impossible to install due to conflicting versions.

5 Likes

Yep, glitch is my first choice. I tried heroku but it is very limited without a card. Then repl.it but there were some issues.

Maybe, your next update could be to allow tkinter to be run? For example you have a docker container or vm and you run tkinter code in that. It would be a really good update