"Anonymous" project edit

I’m not sure if I’m missing something, but when I go to the rewind section of my project, I see “Anonymous” has contributed to my project. Should I be concerned about this or is it because I asked for help in a previous post and Mr. Cori has looked at my project(although I did not provide my project name)? I also see an unexpected bug in my project around this time period.

Is there a way to stop this?

The unexpected error wasn’t a bug. It was this

Unhandled rejection StatusCodeError: 503

I learned it’s not handling api requests?

Hey @Nameless9, if I examined your private project without your express consent then I apologize - our general policy is not to do so without an explicit request (providing your project name serves as a stand-in for that) so if I didn’t follow that policy then I screwed up; please accept my apology.

In this case I’ll need to look at your project and its Rewind to be able to see what’s going on and provide more information. Can you provide your project name so I can take a look?

My project name is “geniusbot” - it is being worked on by me and a friend of mine (he has an account). I received your help a few months ago and at that time I posted my project name publicly.

Here’s a screenshot of the rewind:

(The smily face is the anonymous author while the other icon is me)

This project of mine is not that sensitive (I think), however I’d like to know if I can change the project settings such that it’ll block all anonymous authors from editing my code? I’ve only looked at the Advanced settings, but it doesn’t seem to be there.

Also, is there an equivalent action to the “git diff /app”? (The syntax may be wrong). I see that I can click on old versions and it’ll show the difference for one file, but is there a quicker way to see differences in ALL files with respect to the current version? I have set up command handler files making the total file count to over 30.

Ah ok, I looked back over your post history and didn’t see any place where you told me your project name or had since removed it, so I must have missed something.

With respect to this specific case I don’t think you actually want to prevent the “Anonymous” edits, because I’m pretty sure they’re from your code modifying files. For example if you look at the content of the changes in git commit from Thu Jan 3 09:26:25 2019 +0000 you see changes to church_server_specific.json (which you can see using git diff e4cc1ff church_server_specific.json). I’m pretty sure those changes are from https://glitch.com/edit/#!/geniusbot?path=tos.js:412:0.

What it comes down to, I think. is that when Glitch doesn’t know who made a change it commits that change to the repo as “Anonymous”. I’m confident that you won’t see edits from actual Anonymous users in your project, whether or not it’s private - in order to edit a project if you don’t belong to it (public or private) you need to remix your own copy of it.

As far as the action you were asking about, your best bet for detailed Rewind-like information would be to use git commands in your project’s console. For example if you do git log and find the commit hash of the commit that you’re interested in then git diff ${hash} will show the changes between that commit and the latest one.

tyvm, yeah I forgot I’m doing fs.writeFile(…) with one of the commands and didn’t realise it’ll show it as an edit by anonymous.

Being able to use git command in console is also a good reminder. I’ll use git commands more often in the console now. Thank you, cori!