Anti-Bot (Anti-Spam) System to prevent most of downtime

I would hope so.

1 Like

Most Memory is RAM, which is mostly used for caching Discord users in most projects. When idle, projects only take up storage, which I would say is the least of their current problems. They are probably having problems with RAM and CPUs and the amount of servers they need to host all of their projects. If projects never went offline, they would have had these issues years ago.

Most of this likely comes from Glitch become more well known.

2 Likes

However I am talking about non-legit projects which are created by bots just to wipe out space from Glitch.

Space would be storage, in this case, which I doubt glitch is having that much issues. I don’t know why bots would do this, and I, still, would not be surprised if they had something in place to prevent spam of glitch projects.

Some people will do everything what is possible to ruin people’s fun and good time. Unfortunately we don’t live in perfect world.

4 Likes

We can use glitch’s own rewind to mass delete projects that seem to have no edits since the project was created meaning they only contain template code.

4 Likes

Don’t forget one thing, bots can write in files and make them unique. Yes templates should be removed, but unfortunately won’t stop bots.

2 Likes

That would be great if all the template projects got deleted. There are sooo many useless boilerplate projects floating around.

3 Likes

Me: Oh wow this project looks intresting
sees it’s just a template project
Me: I set my expectations too high this time

2 Likes

Me- nice, a twitter clone
person- oh, it broke
me- dang it

1 Like

Why because it’s working well and I don’t need to make changes? Are you nuts?

3 Likes

We already resolved this and agreed it probably isn’t the greatest idea.

3 Likes

but is still a good idea even as a last resort

I guess Glitch should add CAPCHA at registration.

I don’t really think its the registration thats the problem because Google and GitHub likely prevent spam.

I Disagree Somewhat Maybe After that Time The Project Becomes Archived So People Can Still Search and FInd it

I wonder when @glitch_support will see this and start working on it when they can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well, it has about 16 votes

I kinda like your idea, you have my vote.