[Resolved] API delays and drop in project container availability

Update:

We want to test if reducing traffic will help, which involves temporarily shutting down some projects to see if the rest respond better. We’re monitoring results of that and will slowly bring the rest of the projects back as we keep investigating.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if this has to do with how glitch may have not been designed to handle so much people. The amount of people using glitch has increased significantly(I think) since boosts arrived and maybe the glitch team might have not planned to have so much people using glitch at this point.

1 Like

@tasha Do you have a time-frame for how long this may take? I mean, at least you’re trying something, but some people rely on the uptime of this service. For example, Discord Bots or they have code to check they got right, like me

1 Like

If you are just testing you can run it locally. For my big project I keep a copy on my computer and have a specialized system for uploading to glitch.

Good idea. May set that up now

Questions like this are difficult for support to answer because we run the risk of broadcasting info that has the potential to be inaccurate. There are still too many variables at play.

Here is what I can say:

• We expect to be scaling traffic back up within 20 minutes, but this does not guarantee that it will fully resolve the issue.
4 Likes

Things should be coming back up now. We are monitoring our systems.

4 Likes

@tasha the google sign in still isn’t working

My projects are still taking incredibly long to load
Now completely down

@tasha @glitch_support project availability just dropped down to 0

There’s a reason that they have an incident open. Chill out guys, it is a free service after all.

1 Like

Not for everyone

1 Like

Hey all. We are looking into the current drop in api performance.

2 Likes

@tasha, project app pages are returning a 504 Gateway Time-out now!

these are the consequences of the outage. Read the OP

Container keeps on spiking!

2 Likes

My websites seem to be working right now.

1 Like

@tasha @glitch_support We seem to have gone into Maintenance mode again. I am in a loop. status.glitch.com says you are looking into the previous issues, so I assume this is you testing things again?

1 Like

My site just went into Maintenance mode too.

1 Like

ive kinda lost respect for glitch, the past 4 days has been full of downtime, I get on to work on projects and i cant even see what i am doing. 4 days straight!!! and when it does load css and images sometimes dont load.