April is the month we jam about #coolbugs 🪲

Happy April! I know it’s the 1st but this is a ~~ fools free zone ~~ and so I say this with my full mind, heart, and admin forum access: this month’s prompt is cool bugs!

Did you know that the world’s first computer bug, reported in 1947, was an actual moth causing hardware issues for an engineering team that included pioneer computer scientist Grace Hopper? What an incredible moment in history! Whether it’s broken code with a cool output, or fan art about the critters that invade our homes, hearts or fears, this month we’re celebrating cool bugs.

Head to glitch.com/jams right now to learn more about what jams are and how to submit your projects. Also, huge bravos to everyone who made screensavers last month, I know it’s been a turbulent one as we’ve had some incidents through container work, but I appreciate everyone for participating in any way!

We can’t wait to see and share what creative projects you come up with! :strawberry:

6 Likes

uncool bug here, the gmail spam filter dislikes talking about bugs…

3 Likes

was about to say the same, emails from hello@glitch.com ended up in spam!

Thanks for letting me know, I tried this time sending from hello@ instead of support to prevent people marking support@ as spam and losing ticket replies so I will look into this further!

3 Likes

i was bored so I made bugrdle - like wordle but boring, much harder, with a dumb name, and for bugs. remember when wordle was everywhere :arrow_upper_right: on glitch :arrow_upper_right:?

here’s some bugrdle art I made on ms paint. yea I know it’s stupid. sorry for the bump btw.

4 Likes

cool bugs is such a great prompt that i joined glitch to participate! hello! :butterfly:

is there any way to see a list of submitted projects before the end of the month? when searching projects for #coolbugs, most of the results have default names and descriptions.

6 Likes

Welcome @ribose. I haven’t checked yet what may have been submitted over the past few days, but I did share some submissions so far on our livestream on Friday. Scroll to the bottom of the episode links and you’ll see some there.

2 Likes

By the way I love your website!

3 Likes

i didn’t know about the livestreams and i’m excited to check them out!

also, thank you so much! :green_heart:

2 Likes

I missed your streaming but I made a little page to cool bugs :beetle::ice_cube:
https://cooling-bugs.glitch.me/

(by the way, the dialog is generated with <dialog> tag, isn’t it cool?)

1 Like

here’s some bug art hehe

1 Like

I’ve made a little site for getting your favourite bug? They’re not quite bugs… but close enough.

The instructions are in-game.

https://game-about-bugs.glitch.me/

Feel free to send pictures of your favourite colours / shapes / lengths!

4 Likes

Pretty cool game. I love it!

2 Likes