Are bots allowed?

Are bots for the glitch forums allowed? Like… making a bot for the glitch forums?

No, sorry, they are not. @ihack2712 can tell you a bit more.

can you PM him about this?

I did just pinged him.

oh… yeah

Right, so… Basically I made a bot a few monnths ago (I think?) which ones task was to respond with automated messages to domain removal requests. This is a feature that would help everyone one the forum as well, however, Glitch staff denied my appeal to let the bot stay on the forum. I mostly think it would be unfair if I was allowed to run a bot on the forum and no-one else was (as automation on the forum is against the ToS).

I totally agree with them denying my appeal, because I understand that it would be unfair towards others if I was allowed and not them. So I indeed shut the bot down. I do hope that I will be able to run it again some time in the future :slight_smile:

Anyhow, this is the reply that denied my appeal:

Hi James!

That is very cool, thanks for sharing. We know that it can be annoying for regulars to see folks repeatedly asking for domain removal via the forum, however we have made the decision to not use bots (other than Discourse’s default Welcome Bot) in the forum.

That being said, I want to let you know that the team here really appreciates you being a member of the community! Thank you for the time you have spent helping others.

Tasha
- Tasha | Glitch Support

3 Likes

Oh, thanks for the answer then :^)

Anytime! :slight_smile:

— James Bradlee