"Are you still using this project?"

So a few minutes ago, i was trying to edit something on my website, and this message appeared:

In order to keep Glitch free for as many people as possible, we disable apps that appear to have been abandoned.
You can download a copy of the project code by clicking the button below.
If you would like this project to be restarted, please email us at support@glitch.com and be sure to include the name of the project.

But the last time i updated my project was like a week ago. So, i reloaded the page, and the message was gone!

3 Likes

Something in beta?? Idk.
Seems like it could be.

3 Likes

Hmmm, what about apps that are fully in production and require no further coding?

1 Like

I think its a new function, and still on beta…?

4 Likes

This sounds like something that Glitch staff is rolling out. If this gets rolled out in production, will boosted members have projects suspended?

4 Likes

Sounds a lot like youtube’s “Are you still watching” dialog, which many people have written extensions to autoclick.

Ok so i tried going to some older projects made from 2019 and older (not made by me) and it seems like they all have the same message. I don’t think this is a beta function, it was probably there for quite some time.

Hi there! Can you let me know the name of the project you encountered this with so I can have the engineering team look into it?

For folks wondering what this is: this is not a beta, it’s an alert that we’ve had for awhile. It goes out very rarely in the case that a user has so many projects that consumes all of their project hours in a short period of time, that it follows a pattern of abuse on the platform rather than appropriate use of Glitch. If users get this and notice it, they can email us and we reinstate their projects.

1 Like

Actually, the message was gone, but…
The project name is LankyBox01.glitch.me if you need it.

This is weird because i only have 1 project.

Intresting, I better archive openradio and other projects before it triggers that alert

2 Likes

This really should only be triggered if you’re not editing projects and hitting your project hour limits for the month very early on. It’s an abuse prevention tactic, not a punishment for being prolific (otherwise I’d be in bigger trouble than y’all!). This alert being visible to OP is a bug, though, which we’ll look into.

2 Likes

Yeah this is for sure a bug, I’ll have the team check it out!

I have also spotted another glitch.
If you go to https://glitch.com/edit/#!/github and then go to another project’s editor, the message will show up.

Yes, nice catch - the modal UI persists even when the project name changes. I’ll create a ticket for this one too!

5 Likes