[Boosted project] My Discord bot no longer works


Following the decision to ban ping services, I bought a subscription to boost my discord bot(s).
It was working fine until yesterday. I made no change to the bot in the meantime.

Here is what I tried:

  • same code but for a beta channel bot (different bot from discord’s PoV, different boosted project on glitch): works fine. One difference: the beta version is only present in a handful of servers.
  • re-issued a token from the discord dashboard, udpated the env variable, relaunch the bot: still no dice.

In the past, I’ve seen a similar issue when Discord banned a common IP address which my bot shared with whatever they were trying to ban. However, this time I’m not seeing the “something took too long” error, so it’s unclear if that’s the same issue.

Can someone from Glitch take a look at my project “surf-recess”?

Hey @MarshMoon, There are a few things you could try here.

1) Check if you’re on a banned host.
Open your project’s console and type curl -I https://discordapp.com/api/v7/gateway . If you see something like HTTP 429 in the response that means that your project is on a banned host.
If this is the case, post in Discord Ban mega-thread the second! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do) and you’ll be good to go.

2) Possible another issue with the server the bot is on.
Remix the project and see of your bot goes online, if it does something then just migrate the boost to the new project.

3) Make sure it’s not a fault with your code.
Download the project and run it locally, make sure the code is in working condition.

4) If all else fails, email glitch.
There support email is support@glitch.com, they will respond within the next business day.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!