Bot does not work when uploaded to repl.it

I tried to make my bot online for 24/7 but it’s not working. When I use Command prompt to run it. it perfectly fine. pls help

at MessageCreateAction.handle (/home/runner/MainIsT/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/actions/MessageCreate.js:31:14) at Object.module.exports [as MESSAGE_CREATE] (/home/runner/MainIsT/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/websocket/handlers/MESSAGE_CREATE.js:4:32) at WebSocketManager.handlePacket (/home/runner/MainIsT/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/websocket/WebSocketManager.js:384:31) at WebSocketShard.onPacket (/home/runner/MainIsT/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/websocket/WebSocketShard.js:444:22) at WebSocketShard.onMessage (/home/runner/MainIsT/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/websocket/WebSocketShard.js:301:10) at WebSocket.onMessage (/home/runner/MainIsT/node_modules/ws/lib/event-target.js:132:16)

It said like this

Btw I use Repl.it and uptimerobot to run it

You need to pay for glitch boosted to have your bot on 24/7. If you’re trying to oing it, it won’t work as pinging is banned.

@Pufferfish101007 , I believe they are on repl.it. @Koonnokhook could you try a different pinging service? I’ve heard that Uptime Robot might not work with replit.

1 Like

Uptime Robot works pretty well on repl.it, and yes, this is a repl project as the path for repl projects is /home/runner/<project_name> but it also looks like a GitHub workflow. You can’t run Discord bots in GitHub actions so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can try the following solutions:

4 Likes

I will try it. Just a moment

2 Likes

Correction: you can. As long as you don’t mind leaking your bot token.

1 Like
  1. GitHub will suspend you (they do look into this type of stuff) as workers usually aren’t supposed to be more than 15 min
  2. You can hide your bot token in the repo settings.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.