Can you change your name on Glitch.com?

Hello! I see you can change your name on the support forum, but I didn’t find how you could change it on glitch.com (I signed up with GitHub before I join the forums). I also did not find any private support ticket thingy, so hence why I’m making public.
If I’m mistaking, can you tell me were I can change it? If not, can I have my glitch.com username changed to @RiverLeviathan ?

hey RiverLeviathan,
Currently the only way to change your username is to request it on the forum. We know that’s not ideal and in the future you’ll be able to change it yourself (likely from your profile page).

In the meantime, let us know what your current username is and we’ll change it for you

My current username on Glitch is @cobradarkponey, so if you could change it to @RiverLeviathan, I would be grateful!

Thanks!

You are now king of your watery domain.

3 Likes

You guys are the best! Thanks a lot. Keep up the great work!

Hmmm, it appears that my username hasn’t changed. Is it like some delay or something ?

It’s RiverLeviathan in the DB. Maybe you need to refresh something on your end? Where are you seeing the old name?

I refreshed multiple times by now, and the url with RiverLeviathan is not working.
Again, thanks for taking the time to read.

Okay, it’s changed now. We were in the middle of switching DB servers, so I changed it on the wrong one :man_facepalming: , and then I went on vacation. Sorry about the delay :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is absolutely no problem! Same result in the end so that doesn’t really matter. You guys rock! Thanks again. Keep up the great work!

Can my name be changed to RyanLand?

hi! we now let you change your own name on your profile page. you can see a demo of that and other ways to customize your profile page here: https://glitch.com/help/how-do-i-customize-my-glitch-profile/