"Cannot read property 'stderr' of undefined" error when deploying to firebase hosting

Hello,

I have used the automated Firebase deployment function that appears when having a firebase.json file. It worked well a couple of times and suddenly I get an error when trying. I have repeated this several times and got the same error: Cannot read property ‘stderr’ of undefined.

I noticed the CPU reaches almost 100% during the deployment. Maybe it is connected to that.
Here my firebase.json file

{
  "hosting": {
    "public": "./", // the only required attribute for hosting
    "ignore": [
      "firebase.json",
      "flask_app.py",
      "sandbox.config.json",
      "Dockerfile",
      "shrinkwrap.yaml",
      "README.md",
      "LICENSE",
      "**/.*"
    ],
    "rewrites": [
      {
        "source": "/pwaupdate", // starts the cloud run container / the backend
        "run": {
          "serviceId": "stocksmox-production",
          // Optional (default is us-central1)
          "region": "us-central1"
        }
      },
      {
        "source": "/pwastats", // starts the cloud run container / the backend
        "run": {
          "serviceId": "stocksmox-production",
          // Optional (default is us-central1)
          "region": "us-central1"
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}

Hi @wannikid, welcome to the Glitch forum!

Sorry for the bother here; would you be willing to share your project name? Are you seeing this error in the Glitch project logs or somewhere else?

Hi,

the link to my project is this: https://glitch.com/~wannikid-stocksmox

I tried again today to deploy, but the error remains. Again, before the error occured, it showed the resource usage warning.

Thanks for looking into it.

Hi @wannikid thanks for the project link. I believe you indicated that deploying to Firebase using the firebase.json method used to work with this project, is that correct? Looking at the project’s Rewind I see the firebase.json file only appeared in the project yesterday at some point - can you help me understand when it was working properly so we can try to track down what caused it to stop working? If you Rewind back to the point in the project’s history when it did work, does it start working again?

Yes that is correct. It worked several times. However, I deleted the project and imported it again from Github when I experienced an sync issue between Github and Glitch. So I am afraid the history of the original project is gone. No big deal, if you cannot find the reason for the issue. I was just thinking there might be a bug in the deployment process that could be fixed or an error message that could be improved to give more insight why it is failing.

Cheers