Collaboration not working

I’m trying to join my students’ projects but none of the usual ways from before the new editor are working. There is no longer an “ask to join” button. And if they send me an invite I click the button in the email to join and it just hangs on a blank screen. Is there any other way to collaborate?

3 Likes

It looks like the team is working on this among other things, but as temporary solutions, you could either:

1. remix the project, and just archive or request deletion if you don’t need it later or,

2. go to Tools at the bottom, select import/export, then Download Project, and work on it via your own editor like VS Code, etc.

Not ideal but those seem to be the only ways right now, as far as I can tell. Aside from using Github, etc.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. Fortunately we didn’t have to do that, with repeated invites and persistence all the groups worked out. I’m not sure what did it but eventually worked.

4 Likes

Any update on this? I’m seeing no way to add a collaborator.

Clicking the share button on the top-right of the editor should open the share modal where you can invite folks. If your invites aren’t working, email support@glitch.com with the project and users you’re trying to invite so we can see where the invite emails are going!

2 Likes

Thanks! I may have spoken too soon and it may be specifically the “request to join” feature that seems to not be working for us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.