commento on Glitch!
Commento is one of the best comment system for websites, blogs, etc. And I found out it runs perfectly on Glitch. Steps:
- Learn how to get a free postgreSQL database here. DO NOT VISIT YOUR APP YET.
- Remix the project here!. Make the project private.
- Change “start.sh.example” to “start.sh”
- In start.sh, change
POSTGRES_URI=postgres://user:pass@hostname:5432/dbnameto the URI that Heroku gave you from step 1.
- In start.sh, change PROJECT_URL to teh url of your project (e.g.
- Run refresh. Visit your app and you can make an account.
- @jenn’s Live Laugh Blog
FAQ and help:
Commento keeps redirecting to the demo page!
Yeah, it does that a lot when you first try to visit the app. Follow these steps below to fix it:
- Remove the
exportlines in start.sh. It should look like this:
#!/bin/bash PROJECT_URL=[YOUR PROJECT URL] POSTGRES_URI=postgres://user:pass@hostname:5432/dbname ./commento
- Run refresh
- Add the export lines again:
#!/bin/bash PROJECT_URL=[YOUR PROJECT URL] POSTGRES_URI=postgres://user:pass@hostname:5432/dbname export COMMENTO_ORIGIN=$PROJECT_URL export COMMENTO_PORT=3000 export COMMENTO_POSTGRES=$POSTGRES_URI export COMMENTO_CDN_PREFIX=$COMMENTO_ORIGIN ./commento
- Run refresh again.
- Visit the page in a incognito tab. Verify that it works then you can use commento on a normal tab.