Community Open Thread 37 - January 12, 2024 🥶

Happy 2024 but more importantly, Happy Friday everyone! And Happy Long Weekend to everyone who celebrates snow days and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday!

We are currently on Snow Day 3 at my house in Kansas City, which as a homebody I kinda love. I used to dread winter — the long hours of dark, the coldness, the less glittery it seemed after the holidays. But I learned a trick from one of my favorite writers, Saeed Jones, about pursuing indoor hobbies during the winter months to give you something to look forward to. For me, that meant getting into playing Breath of the Wild on Switch last winter, which to my great surprise I was able to beat! This winter I’m looking forward to trying out God of War on Playstation 5. I’m a sucker for mythology stories so I can’t wait.

It’s been a minute since we’ve had a banter thread with updates, so here are some things to check out around Glitch lately:

• Our Last Month on Glitch 2023 finalists have been announced! We’ll be sharing more on socials, but congratulations to everyone recognized for creating a set of incredible apps last year! :clap::clap::clap:
  • Jenn recently announced the January prompt for our latest Community Code Jam: “your dream default stylesheet.” Hate Times New Roman and purple links? Now is your time to shine!
  • FoRuM rEgULaRs :eyes: Did you notice that late last month we added a new feature to test to our Community Testing program? It may or may not involve webhooks. :shushing_face:

That’s what’s going on around these parts, now is your turn to tell us all what’s happening in your neck of the woods! As the cool kids say, “See you on glitch.com!”

4 Likes