Crashing and Slow

I am working on a project of about 15 users. Even if none of us are on, we still have crashing and freezing. I can’t tell you the number of times we have had the option to “kill or wait” the page. Please help because we have a presentation coming up and need the website to work reliably.

Hi DiscoAlligatir,

we are sorry to hear that! :frowning: can you please tell us the project name? Can we inspect it to find out any possible problem with it?

Thanks for reporting!

The name of the project is “girls-who-code2016” hope that helps!

can you elaborate more on which kind of crashes you see? does it crash and freeze while you’re editing it, or while you’re using the actual webapp you wrote?

Basically. everything will be going fine, the webpage loads in like 2 seconds. Then. another 2 seconds later, the scrolling is choppy or stops altogether, we cant click on anything, and a notification comes up telling us to kill the page. When we go onto the normal website that we made, it takes FOREVER to load, is pretty slow, and crashes whenever the main glitch page does. We have tried many different types of computers so it is not that.We have also been on different wifi networks, still slow.

Thanks for reporting! We might be having some issues with a memory leak in the editor, we’ll investigate more in the next days, thanks! :slight_smile:

As for the actual website you made, I tried it myself and I didn’t notice any slowdown. Are you visiting it directly using the url https://girls-who-code2016.glitch.me, or by clicking on the “Show” button in the editor?

If you are using the “Show” button, try to close the editor and visit the website directly: does it behave better? Or does it still have the same issues?

1 Like

I’ve noticed a lot of slowdown in the editor when using Safari rather than Chrome, if that makes any difference.

Okay so yes, we were using show to see the website, but even then the editor was still slow and laggy like all of the things I mentioned before.

Hi DiscoAlligatir,

so, if you use the “Show” button to see your site while using the editor, it might happen that the editor experiences random lags and freezes, and the same behaviour can occur in the site too.

I suggest you to use the direct link to your site instead of the Show button. The only difference is that you’ll need to refresh the site manually to see the changes you make in the editor. Apart from that, everything else should work normally… and hopefully without freezes :slight_smile:

Let me know if this solves your issue. In the meantime, we’ll work on making the “Show” button to behave better.

We’ve pushed a few fixes that should improve collaboration performance. Let us know if you’re still having problems.