Cryptocurrency as payment method for Glitch Boosted?

I would love to be able to pay for Glitch boosted using cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Nano, etc without having to transfer funds to my card or to something like Paypal. I think this would increase the number of people using Glitch boosted. Let me know if you have any questions.

perhaps so… but then again how many people will have cryptocurrency?

maybe an idea is to setup coli and when the user donates cryptocurrency they will get glitch boosted (temporary or something else idk)

1 Like

oh and i’m moving this to #feature-ideas!

1 Like

I don’t think they need to add this. Only a handful people will be able to use it, so I don’t think it’s worth the effort. And, most people who can’t pay with cryptocurrency, but actually want it, will just pay with card.

2 Likes

I have Cryptocurrency and so do many people. I believe it will be very beneficial for Glitch

2 Likes

I was saying as another way to pay. Not the only way.

2 Likes

@youngchief I never said the only way to pay, I still believe it’s not worth the effort and people will pay by card anyway

Some people won’t feel comfortable giving out PayPal info or Card info

Most people will. There isn’t really a point of putting so much effort in adding it when so few people will use it.

Doesn’t take much effort. It’s really easy to do.

Not forcing them to add it. Just giving a suggestion.

1 Like

I actually agree with @youngchief in this case, adding the ability to pay with cryptocurrency is very useful, even though I don’t use cryptocurrency myself I do know that cryptocurrency is starting to play a huge part of economics. Not all people trust their banks to keep their money safe. It’s safer in the blockchain! That being said; cryptocurrency is also useful to keep privacy laws simple; hence cryptocurrency is untraceable.

3 Likes

This is also why it is favored by scammers.

But I do agree, adding cryptocurrency would be cool, I just hope it wouldn’t be abused.

1 Like

We all hope it will not be abused.

1 Like

Finally some people starting to agree this would be a cool idea if not abused.

2 Likes

Never used cryptocurrency, probably never will, but I think this is a good idea

“most people won’t use it” is a terrible argument for a reason not to do something, if it’ll help some people it’s worth looking into @EddiesTech

2 Likes

Yep @youngchief, i’m now convinced that this is beneficial

2 Likes

Ok, now you have my vote @youngchief :joy:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I enjoy the positivity on this idea!

2 Likes

[bump (so Glitch staff find it)]