Custom Domain Godaddy

How’s it going guys, having some difficulty applying my dns records correctly for my domain name. I’ve added an additional CNAME but was not sure what “name” it required.

Thanks!!!

Hi there @pkevz90!
Welcome to the Glitch community :slight_smile: :glitch:
You’re right that it needs to be a CNAME
If you want the main domain to be the site, it should be OK to use @ as the name. If using @ doesn’t work, try typing it the domain as the name. Then make that point to glitch.edgeapp.net (that’s the value)
If you need more help, please send a screenshot of how you are trying to add the CNAME on

Eddie

3 Likes

You can use @ in CNAMES if you use Cloudflare.

1 Like

I think GoDaddy supports it also

1 Like

Sot this is what I have, and I’m still getting this response

This site can’t be reached

oem-astro.space ’s server IP address could not be found.

• [Try running Windows Network Diagnostics](javascript:diagnoseErrors()).

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Thank you!

Try clearing your cache or using a different dns, your domain setup looks fine (although using cloudflare would be beneficial).
Edit: Godaddy doesn’t support CNAME flattening and that is probably the issue, see http://www.befreeandwealthy.com/2016/12/27/use-flattening-cname-with-godaddy/

Host: The host name, or prefix, the CNAME record will be set to. You can include a period (.) but not as the first or last character. Consecutive periods (…) are not allowed, and the host cannot exceed 25 characters or be the @ symbol. You can’t use a host that’s already assigned to an existing A record, TXT record or MX record.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.