Custom domain not working (not fly.io)

Hi guys, I’m having a hard time to set up my custom domain.
Previously it worked fine with Fly.io, but they deprecated their “Sites” funcionality and I’m trying to use the Glitch custom domain.

My site on glitch is: Glitch :・゚✧

It has custom domains set up this way:

My DNS is set up like this:

When I ping to andrebaptista.com.br it works like a charm:

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

You don’t need to add www subdomain into record ig.

DNS records take time to propagate, I believe up to 24 hours since you seem to be some place outside the U.S. I suggest waiting 24 hours since you set that record for the entire world to learn that your website has a new ip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you mean by record ig? What is wrong, the configuration on Glitch or the DNS?

The 24 hours have passed and so far nothing works.

It shows on browser: “not found: andrebaptista.com.br”

Is this message from Glitch? For some reason it can’t redirect from glitch.edgeapp.net to my site?

1 Like

Hi @albs-br ,

When I hit your site ‘andrebaptista.com.br’ with DevTools open, i can see these headers that suggest it’s still directing to fly.io

This is weird because if we check the global DNS propogation through whatsmydns, it shows the Glitch IP address ( 50.31.246.1)

I don’t know what’s going on but I hope that info helps

1 Like

Thanks for the information, @SteGriff .

It looks like something really strange is happening:
Reverse DNS of 50.31.246.1:

ping to: glitch.edgeapp.net:

Try relinking the domain to your glitch project

1 Like

So far i managed to get the bare domain (andrebaptista.com.br) to work but not the www.andrebaptista.com.br

I get the message “not found: www.andrebaptista.com.br”.

Any idea? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.