Dark Theme for Support page

Hello,

I would love to see a dark theme for the support site of glitch, I would use something like stylebot but that never works correctly.

Hey @Callum-OKane, I love the idea but unfortunately, I don’t know if it is possible since the support page uses a template from another place. (I might be wrong)

1 Like

It’s fully possible, many other forums that use Discourse can achieve a dark theme by changing some settings (i dont know a lot about discourse).

1 Like

I mean its not offical but you can use https://darkreader.org/ (works on every website)

3 Likes

Oh, thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

@Callum-OKane This forum is running Discourse, which unfortunately doesn’t come with a built-in dark theme. Although as suggested by @WilsontheWolf you can use Dark Reader. Another alternate is using Stylus which is a fork of Stylish. I recommend either Dark Reader or Stylus, and I would not recommend using Stylish hence they’re collecting analytics information on how you browse etc.

1 Like

I thought it does have Dark Theme or a Dark Theme addon

1 Like

for those who want dark theme here…

1 Like

Discourse offers dark theme.

1 Like

Yes, I have my own discourse running and I have noticed that dark theme is provided but glitch have most likely disabled it!

1 Like

By the time I posted that message a dark mode for Discourse had not been implemented, although it seems that they recently created a dark theme feature. The reason that a dark mode for Glitch’s Discourse page is probably that it is outdated or the feature is disabled.

1 Like

exactly @ihack2712

and yes, me and @khalby786 have created a dark mode that is usable via userscript extensions

1 Like

@ihack2712, @Callum-OKane,

Just discovered that Discourse does offer dark mode. But for it, they’ll have to update it to Discourse 2.1or more.

1 Like

well, doing so would delete the entire forum!

so, we have to stick with this for now

1 Like

I believe you can migrate all forum data.

1 Like

yes, but it can be costly, if not done right, the entire forum will be wiped for sure

2 Likes

Might be something to suggest to the Support Staff!

1 Like

The support forum is hosted by Discourse. (glitch pays discourse to host this forum) This means Glitch should easily be able to migrate to a new version. unless discourse says no

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure they can work together to make it happen pretty easily.

not exactly… if you know how discourse works,
***any data lost, is lost, and discourse really won’t care, especcially if it is during a forum updating to a new version ***`

1 Like