Dark Theme for Support page

Why would Discourse not care? Glitch is a paying customer to them.

1 Like

it is lost data, discourse does not back up any data immediately before a forum gets upgraded, but it does after, so, it is pretty much stating *** anything that occurs during the update, canā€™t be reverted, unless you downgrade*** more specifically

1 Like

Well you can always backup the data beforehand. Since you can download the data to your PC. via the admin panel i believe

1 Like

Guys, guys! @charliea21, if youā€™re right about Discourse itself hosting Glitchā€™s forum, then updating should be easy and I donā€™t think any data is lost, @J-Tech-Foundation:

2 Likes

hm, ok, so then, it would be fine, but when i did mine, and updated mine, everything was lost, and reset during the update

1 Like

@J-Tech-Foundation Was your forum hosted by Discourse?

1 Like

yes

i ended up deleting it afterwards cause of thatā€¦

1 Like

Weird, because upgrading is as easy as pressing a button and all your data is saved. Might be worth asking on the Discourse Support Forum!

1 Like

Jus wanted to know: how did you guys run your own Discourse instance?

1 Like

buy discourseā€¦

thats the answer XD

1 Like

You guys bought Discourse? @charliea21, even when you tried to see how user groups work earlier (in the User Announcements Category post) you paid?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so: https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

1 Like

I hosted it myself.

I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux on my Win10 machine since Discourse wonā€™t work on a Raspberry Pi then followed their Ubuntu install guide. Discourse made a guide to installing it on Windows 10.

You can view that guide here.

3 Likes

For the sake of not wiping everything out, Glitch needs to have an staging Discourse instance first by creating and getting the latest production build and test whatever an new feature/plugin makes the entire Support forum ruined. In case the whole forum was ruined, reject that. Otherwise, backup the entire instance before site-wide lockdown and follow upgrade manual.

1 Like

Thereā€™s something else as well: the themes Discourse is offering are meant for default themes. What I mean is that, Discourse can have only one theme (the default one, which could be a dark theme) but youā€™re not allowed to switch between themes, as in Dark Mode and Light Mode. Maybe that is the reason why Glitch is not changing this forumā€™s theme???

2 Likes

exactly,

finally someone can understandā€¦

1 Like

You only need to set a default theme. You can make the dark theme an optional feature to enable in the users settings.

1 Like

I can confirm what @charliea21 is saying. On a different Discourse instance there is an option to enable dark theme or light theme.

4 Likes

I would like to have a custom color to choose from like for the header or my profile.

1 Like

@Coding_Dylan Are you trying to request a feature?

1 Like