Dark Theme for Support page

I found another clue that dark mode exists for Discourse:

I found this when I did the Advanced Tutorial with @discobot.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

6 Likes

I think it’s time we asked @glitch_support about this!

2 Likes

No. I am saying that it would be nice if I could have this feature

1 Like

@support_staff, any light on this yet?

1 Like

Hi!

Support is working with our design team and discourse to investigate what a new forum theme might look like on glitch.

Right now, we are thinking that we might offer two modes. One of them being “classic” with more of a glitch look, and another being a “dark” mode.

This work may take a bit, as we have a lot going on right now! In the meantime, please continue to share your feedback about forum display options!

6 Likes

@tasha I have question what is glitch using for the forums page I see a lot of websites seeming to use a similar design to some other forums pages

1 Like

It’s a platform called Discourse.

1 Like

Ooo…Sounds fancy and expensive

1 Like

I’d imagine its self-hosted and open source.

1 Like

Yes, you can host it on your own machine. See @charliea21’s post:

1 Like

@Coding_Dylan

Currently, we use a custom color palette via the available colors in discourse.

4 Likes

Hey all,

Until Glitch rolls out the dark mode for this forum, I may have an idea to update the current dark-support-forum userscript (made by me and @J-Tech-Foundation) to include already made stylesheets of Discourse’s themes (found on their GitHub page). Keep an eye out for updates!

2 Likes

note this will take awhile, because we may be planning to add all of them!

3 Likes

Another clue for other “discourses” is I think its pay to win, for a feature but I could show a roblox discourse:

1 Like

You can also just go into inspect element to change the background to any color temporarily.

2 Likes

@code-alt So, it is not a paid feature, though it can cause downtime depending on how they do it. If they do it straight through the code, then maybe a crash, if they do it through the GUI (I don’t know if it has one. I ususally use Flarum) it may not crash.

1 Like

Although, I maybe wrong. I never used Discourse.

1 Like

it IS built in…

At the time I wrote that it wasn’t I believe.

2 Likes