.data folder deleted. Can it be recovered?

At some point in the last 2 weeks or so, the .data folder was somehow deleted/cleared. There was only one file in there, db.json that stored all the data for our Discord bot. Is there a way that a recent backup of this file can be restored and sent to me?

Project: somiibo-discord-bot

If this can be done, I’m not sure the exact date of the most recently correct file but I would estimate it is around the beginning of March.

Also, I would like to get to the root of the problem because it seems whenever I deploy the project the .data folder is deleted. Is there a setting that controls this? Where do I even begin to look for how to fix this?

Thank you!

Try glitch’s rewind feature:

2 Likes

Got a feeling that .data is intentionally left out of rewind (out of git) because it can contain private data, but happy to be proven wrong in this case…

If what @SteGriff said was true, then we can sadly conclude that it cannot be done…

Unless you email glitch to revert to a backup, which may include the .data folder as it was before

Oh, good point, its probably gitignored.

Might wanna keep backups, next time.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.