Defresh - Cut your site's link load speed time in half with 1 <script> tag

I refreshed it manually. The GIF above is the video of 3 takes of the test.

oh, the whole point of defresh is for clicking on links

1 Like

but we will work to fix the loading issue by adding an onload function to the script.

1 Like

we’ll try to fix that soon.

I really like the process that makes this fast on loading. Hope you guys have fun while improving!

ps: pls make the onload faster:)

i figured out the reason for slow reloading, it’s the script’s async attribute. it will soon be changed to defer.

fixed!

i know, that was fast!

I found a small glitch in the split-by-split comparison video where the styles break while loading for a couple of milliseconds before the styles load properly.

UPDATE: this only happens on external styles

1 Like

Villager Number 9 | Heroes Wiki | Fandom

BREAKING NEWS!!! we are now partnered with glitchchord!

read more here.

If anybody else would like to partner their project with Defresh, plz respond to this post.

1 Like

How about adding fetch support to defresh to use modern technologies or does it already do that

3 Likes

Fetch isn’t supported on IE, might need to use a polyfill for that.

1 Like

TL;DR So, I see it says it uses the history or the SE. so is it returning a 304.

ajax works on all browsers that fetch worrks on, doesn’t it?

Ajax works on all browsers, however, IE doesn’t have fetch, they use XMLHttpRequest and ActiveXObject.

1 Like

exactly. thats why im using ajax

Ajax is a set of web development techniques using many web technologies on the client side to create asynchronous web applications. With Ajax, web applications can send and retrieve data from a server asynchronously without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.

Ajax isn’t a specific tool (like for instance jquery) but techniques to do async requests. I can recommend you to just use the FetchAPI and polyfills for incompatible browsers. Using jQuery is just waste.

1 Like

i don’t use jquery though, defresh is pure vanilla javascript

1 Like

AJAX is a part of the JQuery package. So what are you using?

Mind you, you can do it, but I imagine you are using JQuery

jQuery implements AJAX, however, using fetch and fetch polyfills is also AJAX.

1 Like