Deleted project and want to use the same domain again

i created zaccolley.glitch.me and deleted it, now when i try use that URL again it says it’s already taken.

Is there a way to free up that name so i can use it again? or undo the delete?

The project should be restored now, let us know if you have any further problems :slight_smile:

App is stuck I think.

Getting this:

at Object.parse (native)
7:50 PM
    at /etc/service/watcher/source/app-picker.coffee:71:31
    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:197:7)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)

We cannot check the app without your authorization, as it is private; what you see typically means that there is some kind of syntax error in package.json or watch.json.

sorry, made it public. there isnt anything in the project. think its got confused: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/zaccolley

yeah, the problem is that there is no package.json in that project. We can try to restore it to a previous version, but is that what you want? We thought you just wanted to rename this project to something else so that this name can be used by another of your projects.

Let us know :slight_smile:

oh didnt realise it needed a package.json, assumed you could just have a index.html in there

hey zaccolley, we now support static projects: if you don’t have package.json, we serve your files as if they were on a standard http server. It might be useful for your project :slight_smile:

Would you be able to free up a domain name from a project I started but accidentally deleted (meant to delete an old one)? The name is zephyr

Hi @zephyrflanigan,

Just done :slight_smile:

Not to resurrect an older thread, but it would be awesome if a deleted project auto-released the taken name after X minutes/hours. I too created a project that I ultimately deleted, but wanted to use the name again.