Disable autosave?

I just started using Glitch and I like it a lot, but one thing that annoys me is the autosave feature.

It makes it so that the editor automatically saves my code, causing my code to constantly recompile, which is more often an annoyance than it is helpful. It seems to be hard on the server’s resources too, as the container is often in a CPU “warn” state due to the constant recompiling.

Is there anyway to disable this feature?

1 Like

Hi @tmshkr, welcome to the Glitch forum!

I think what you’re looking for is a watch.json file. You can see one in action with some information at https://glitch.com/~watch-json, but essentially, when properly configured, it will tell Glitch which files should trigger a restart and how often.

Hope that helps. Happy Glitching!

1 Like

… throttling is not enough for some projects. Instead of engineering around automating the prototyping workflow… let us just disable it. The best way to do that right now is setting the tolerance to a 960000000, opening the terminal to do manually run refresh and hit the button ourselves.

This won’t stop auto refresh, which even in a new window, will frantically reinstall service workers as you type comments… I’m trying to prototype things and your things are interfering.

Refreshes cause dropped frames, lagg and completely flood the console log for not a good enough reason. Sure I could automate the linting and pause heavy tasks if i’m still typing or moving the mouse and run unit tests incrementally… but that’s insane for a prototyping tool