Discord Application Account Verify

I’m honestly not sure what this is called, but need to utilize it for a site I’m making. Does anyone know where the documentation for this verification thing is?

Discord oauth2

3 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Hi @SS4PPHIRE
I use passport.js node.js package with the passport-discord strategy/package added to use Discord OAuth on my site for login
Best to use a tutorial or something like that. They have examples on the links I gave.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Eddie

4 Likes

Okay. How would I add packages on my site? There’s not like a package.json file or anything. I’m using bootstrap studio at the moment for designing and programming.

I’m not entirely sure how to go about this still. I’m pretty new to web development and the API docs aren’t helping a whole lot. Could you explain what you mean more?

Hi there @SS4PPHIRE!
Assuming your project is now on Glitch, I used this tutorial’s code snippets when first learning passport:

I usually stick it into one file instead of the folder structure. When it uses yarn, instead use the package.json file
Hope this helps and happy Glitching :glitch: :slight_smile:
Eddie
1 Like

If you are already done with your website/dashbored build I can give you the file I build assuming you have the front end of it already finished since in only supplying you with the file that passes you to discord and calls you back to your site. Furthermore I have a tutorial on GitHub you can follow that will walk you through a very minimal db oauth design. It uses Ejs/MongoDB

I have a page with a button on it for logging with Discord, which is what I need 0auth2 for. I’m currently working on the main dashboard now. I need to be able to get their userID, so that I can validate with my API endpoint that they actually own the service.

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/sweetalert2@9"></script>
<div class="form-group"><button onclick="authlogin()" class="btn btn-primary btn-block" type="button">Log In with Discord</button></div></form>
  <script>
    function authlogin() {
    swal.fire({
       title: "Redirecting...",
       text: "Please wait.",
       icon: 'success',

})    
    setTimeout(function(){window.location.href = "0authlinkhere";}, 3000);
</script>

hey get ahold of me on discord @ClearlyElevated

I have made a few different oauth projects ill give u to see what you can salvage for use :slight_smile: