Discord Ban mega-thread! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do)

Hello! I have the same question as
alvinmattallen
[Edit] If necessary, here’s the project name: zatanna-bot

Error: Something took too long to do.

project name: space-bots-list

project name: jeeves-hos

got the error something took too long to do again and project name : son-thanos

project name: 4eiuhgkjcovkl

My project was banned I dont know why though I get an error of taking too long to work

project name: chiefer

If you can unban it, I appreciate it.

@cori please unban our hosts and can you please tell us why is this happening?
it happened to me lots of times and my project name is son-thanos

Something took too long on client login. Same error.
Project Name: rlswaps

curl -I https://discordapp.com/api/v7/gateway

Response: 429 Too Many Requests

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hey folks we have a long list of banned hosts that we’re working our way through. We’ll let you know when we’ve recycled all the banned hosts, sorry for the bother!

2 Likes

thanks for the update!

thanks cori and good luck

Yeah, one of my bots are affected again. Project name arashira.

EDIT: Just refreshed the project and is now online again.

Hello, my project got the error. Project name:
vrbot

Thank you

I have same error on muy project “yuukidiscord”

((node:3217) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do.

at timeout.client.setTimeout (/rbd/pnpm-volume/ba5c37af-02df-4742-91c4-c5ceb7c6f78a/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/ClientManager.js:40:57)

at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/rbd/pnpm-volume/ba5c37af-02df-4742-91c4-c5ceb7c6f78a/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/Client.js:433:7)

at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)

at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)

at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)

at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)

(node:3217) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 6)

(node:3217) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.)

My project has also been banned, but I will wait for you to finish working on this list, thank you Cori for keeping us informed

Hey folks we’ve migrated all the projects on banned hosts to new ones. Let us know if you continue to have problems and sorry for the bother!

Something took to long please don’t make it take long help pls IP banned

alpha-21.glitch.me should show the dashboard rather than saying Alpha is down if it gets fixed

My app/bot code is no longer working in glitch.I have tried resetting bot token and re uploading and the app will not work.

Discord Ban mega-thread! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do) thats the thread on glitchs support page , give them your project name in the comments and tell them to unban your host and wait till cori send a message and they will unban it without deleting any projects or changing Names

2 Likes

is there anything we can do from our end to prevent this going forward? I’m not sure what if anything I did that contributed to triggering this, do you have any idea what that could have been or what I can do about it?