Discord Ban mega-thread! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do)

Hey @Toohpick, welcome to the Glitch forum! I moved your project; glad it’s working again!

3 Likes

Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue.
Error: Something took too long to do.

at timeout.client.setTimeout (/rbd/pnpm-volume/4d176b40-8997-4f61-90a6-789d48e6e00f/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/ClientManager.js:40:57)

at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/rbd/pnpm-volume/4d176b40-8997-4f61-90a6-789d48e6e00f/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/Client.js:433:7)

at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)

at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)

at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)

at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)

Project Name: newhalpo

I highly appreciate all actions. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @JcfeJohn, welcome to the Glitch forum!

I’ve moved your project, so it should be connecting again soon.

3 Likes

This is a common Discord API error. Something is not connecting right. You can view the Discord API status here. You can try to get a new Bot token to see if that speeds up the recovery process.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my bot too.
Project name is banana-juice-silence5k

1 Like

Hey @SileNce5k, welcome to the Glitch forum!

You project was on a host that was banned by Discord. I’ve moved it to a new host and things should improve soon.

2 Likes

Thank you for the fast response! It’s now working again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, this has already happened to my project once and it has just started again. My project is private, so let me know if you can move my project so that I can give you access. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @JMGbaum, I don’t need access to your project to move it, just the project name. Since your project is private, no one aside from folks you explicitly invite and a few Glitch staff will see your code (in part so we can help with problems like this), so you can safely provide your project name here. However, you’re also welcome to send a private forum message to the @support_staff group or to me, or to send an email to support@glitch.com with your project details.

We don’t need the project’s “join” invite token to see your project; the project name is sufficient. You should avoid posting project invite tokens publicly for any project, private or not, because that gives anyone who follows them full access to your project and all of its data.

3 Likes

Great, thank you! In that case, my project’s name is kakuhou-surgeon.

1 Like

Hi @JMGbaum your project has been moved to a different host. You should seen an improvement soon.

2 Likes

I feel so badly for just adding to the problem, but… here’s aboc-discord-radio

This bot is supposed to be a 24/7 Voice chat radio, so it’s imperative that this gets fixed quickly. As far as I know, this problem started maybe about 5 hours ago, and I’ve swapped out 3 tokens. Nothing works. If you guys can, could you work on creating a solution that we can do ourselves?

1 Like

Hey @MatthewJ217, welcome to the Glitch forum!

That project’s been moved as well.

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m having an issue with my friend’s project called lovely.

Link

1 Like

Error I got, yippeeeee.

(node:274) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do.

at timeout.client.setTimeout (/rbd/pnpm-volume/0c9e459d-0634-416d-9f1b-b719eadc83ac/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/ClientManager.js:40:57)

at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/rbd/pnpm-volume/0c9e459d-0634-416d-9f1b-b719eadc83ac/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/Client.js:433:7)

at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)

at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)

at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)

at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)

(node:274) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 16)

(node:274) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

1552997620229 Ping Received
1 Like

Hi @miramallows, I’ve moved this project!

2 Likes

Hello I have the same problem

1 Like

Hey @zeis974 what’s your project name?

1 Like

The name of my project is Odium-bot

1 Like

Hey @zeis974 your project wasn’t on a banned host, but I went ahead and moved it.

1 Like