Discord Ban mega-thread the second! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do)

That is what I also said, but they removed the message.

3 Likes

Hello my project also suffered the error Error: Something took too long to do, the name of the project is marketpala, thanks in advance

Or your sending many requests due to the way Glitch auto loads the main file after each change if not set in glitch.json & watch.json

Try commenting the client.login() when making changes

According to discordapp:
Regarding Rate Limits

"A new system has been deployed that auto ip-bans IP addresses that send the API too many invalid requests. Today, that is considered to be requests that result in a 401, 403 or 429 HTTP status code as a response. This is in response to some pathologically bad bots spamming our API with said invalid requests.

I’ve raised the threshold for this auto-ban to be pretty high, and only action on the most pathological cases. The current limit as of Aug 11, 9 am PDT is 25,000 requests per 10 minutes, or 41.6/sec for 10 minutes. The limit is planned to be lowered to 10,000/10 minutes in 30 days. The auto-ban lasts 1 hour. If you are auto-banned, there is no way for us to remove the ban, so you’ll have to wait it out.

This means that you need to send 25,000 requests in 10 minutes that result in a 401, 403 or 429 in order to be auto-banned.

If your bot is running into issues, I’d consider adding logging to see exactly what you are spamming our API with that’s caused you to get banned.

I’ve written a bit more about it here as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/couffh/is_discord_going_to_undo_the_recent_api_change/ewmd8f0?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x "

Source: discord-api

Hey there, my bot is banned again.
yhkyt-alexa-4

I think my bot is banned~
Project Name: kaede-azuma

Thank you in advance~ :3

@cori
My bot is on a ban host.
Here is my project name: discord-eat
Tahnk you!

Got banned again, project name: yhkyt-alexa-4

im banned again, project name is yhkyt-alexa-4

banned again, project name: yhkyt-alexa-4

banned again. project name: alexa-yhkyt
changed the name and i hope that would make the bans less frequint

merciful-fireman is my project

I’m quite sure my bot has been banned.
The project name of the bot is “court-bot”.
Thank you.

alexa-yhkyt has been banned

Project name: no-homo-bot

My project name Pikachu can’t login maybe they ban my ip?

bahoo-bot Pls help me

I’m getting the same error on my project alexa-yhkyt however when I run curl -I https://discordapp.com/api/v7/gateway I’m getting 200 OK, do I have to wait or is there anything I can do to make it start again?

Tried curling discord, got the 429 result on my box as well :confused:

alexa-yhkyt is getting the same error