Discord Ban mega-thread! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do)

It’s a private project so I will send you the link in private

1 Like

Having the same issue. Started a couple days ago the bot went offline , The project is private so if you need the link I will privately send it.

Edit: Remixed the project to fix the issues. You guys should really talk to discord though about why they are blocking your ips.

Edit 2: Well, ok apparently it isn’t entirely fixed commands are duplicating
I remixed the project but forgot to regen my token all is fixed now (at least with the edit 2 issue)

1 Like

We can confirm the problem is caused by Discord banning some IPs. We’re in the process of moving impacted projects on to new IPs, so your projects should begin to work again soon.

If you see this error in your own project and haven’t already let us know the project name - then let us know and we’ll get you back up and running shortly.

4 Likes

Please don’t double-post.

1 Like

We don’t have any banned IPs at the moment - it looks like your project had the debugger running. I’ve disabled that - let me know if you still have a problem. Thanks.

3 Likes

Please be aware due to the free nature of this platform; people that don’t know how to code and abused Discord’s API and thus Discord has banned some Glitch IPs.

2 Likes

Hello. My project dicci-js is currently having the problem. Thanks

1 Like

Many people have been getting this problem today, It is probably just blacklisted IP’s so you may have to wait until the Glitch team fix this!

2 Likes

Hey @whatusernameisleft, @Callum-OKane is correct, your project was running on a host that was banned by Discord. I’ve moved it to a new host and it should work better now.

Let us know if you continue to see problems!

3 Likes

it’s working now. thanks for helping

2 Likes

My project, dj-sona-bot appears to have the same problem. @cori could you move my project aswell?

1 Like

Hi @polemonium, welcome to the Glitch forum!

We did have a host being banned by Discord, and your project was on that host. I’ve moved all of those projects to a new host and you should be good to go! Sorry for the bother!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hello, I’ve been having the same issue with my bot once again lol. I’ve tried refreshing my bot: zielo-rules multiple times but for some reason i’m still getting the same error. Were there multiple hosts banned by discord?

1 Like

Same to me project name suleyman

1 Like

Hey @hmaltr, welcome to the Glitch forum! You bot was on a host that’s been banned by Discord. I’ve moved it to a new host, so things should be looking up!

2 Likes

Am I supposed to wait? Because the error is continuing and bot do not log in

1 Like

Your project is no longer on a banned host, so there shouldn’t be anything Glitch-specific that prevents it from accessing the Discord API.

2 Likes

Thanks my bot went back online :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. My ryougi-shiki project seems to be having the same problem. Moving it, or anything that could help, would be greatly appreciated. It’s a private project so if an invite is required, I can provide that in private.

Edit: It started working again. Thank you.

1 Like