Discord Ban mega-thread! (Discord bot / Something took too long to do)

Thanks, it is working nicely now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Discord bot role functions do not work

Hello, I have the same problem with my test bot it was working well but after once I restarted, the same error comes and my project name is amazing-bot

1 Like

Hi @AwesomeStickz, welcome to the Glitch forum!

I’ve moved all the projects on the (banned) host your project was on to a new host. Your bot should be able to connect to the Discord API now. SOrry for the bother!

2 Likes

@cori Thanks for fixing it, my bot is online but can I know why it was banned?Was it because something I did wrong? I guess not from me

1 Like

Hey AwesomeStickz, no worries, it was another bot on the same host, we made it so you no longer have to share hosts with them

1 Like

I’m getting an UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do. on my bot. It’s called Wug.

1 Like

@cori
I also got a same problem.
Project name: bot-natsume

1 Like

Hello, I also am experiencing this issue. Project name: mal1t1abot

1 Like

Hi @Mal1t1a, welcome to the Glitch forum!

Your and @Jojo_the_Joker’s bots were on a banned host. I’ve moved them to a new server and everything should start running properly again. Sorry for the bother!

1 Like

Hi @cori, my bot have same issue
https://chain-fox.glitch.me/
Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’m back with the same error again for my another bot I think it is on banned host too. Project name is giveaway-boat

1 Like

Hey @vhmkhoi and @arrowkeyuser, welcome to the Glitch forum!

We had an unusually large number of hosts banned by Discord today. I’ve moved all of the projects on those servers to new ones and these problems should be resolved now.

Sorry for the bother!

1 Like

I have same issue too, my project private, but the name project is new-rozbot.

UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do..

1 Like

Hey @rozivector I’ve moved all the projects from a banned host, so hopefully things are looking up for your project!

2 Likes

Hello There me and my friends bot is getting the error and we were wondering if it involved the slow api or if we were on a banned host. Could you please take a look, Thanks.
d4rkythebot-main

edit: I gtg so if @Chicken-E or @RealTrashPanda respond they are on my behalf

1 Like

Hey folks, I’ve moved your project to a new host; let us know if you continue to have problems!

1 Like

Thank you it works now.

2 Likes

Having the same problem.
Project name is Mobbot.

1 Like

Hello @iamwumpus, Welcome to the community!

@cori is going to move your project from any banned host it may be on!

In the meantime, you will have to wait until Cori lets you know in this topic that he has moved the project from another host!

– Callum OKane

• Community Glitch Helper
  • Discord Bot Developer