I wanted to use discord as a place to dump coding memes, notable application I discover, and interesting libraries. However I dislike discord’s search system and wanted to have the channels slightly more accessible and indexable by search engines so I created this generated static site using eleventy which starts up a temporary discord bot to fetch messages from specific channels.
Demo (feel free to scroll through memes and links):
Image attachments are embed via proxy
Uses channel ids so you can change your channel names if needed and the new names will also be synced.
Separation of dark theme code from essential code (inspired by glitch in bio themes)
Smooth scrolling for links to the site that reference a specific channel or message
Allows linking messages by their id
Discord to the public web!
Customisation and setup
- Go to discord.com/developers and make a new application with a bot and put the token in .env
- Invite the bot to your server and make sure it can read messages
- Configuration of channels can be done in config.js under
- For in depth configuration of the html structure take a look at
- For css changes either make a new folder in
publicor append to
- The dark theme code is