DNS Errors prevent access

I am able to use glitch just fine across multiple networks, but other people I point to my glitch app are unable to see it. One report is:

This site can’t be reached
xxxxxxx.glitch.com** ’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

the other is getting no response. Both are in Texas but hundreds of miles apart and tried on both mobile and fiber isps. Strange.

I don’t know much about DNS but I noticed there was no SOA record and wondered if this might have something to do with the problem of subdomains.

I tried several uptime services and some see the subdomain and some do not. Some see the main domain and some do not. It doesn’t appear to be just me as some report a DNS error on “glitch.com

Maybe it is a IP4/IP6 issue, but whatever it is it keeps me from showing off my cool project. It doesn’t keep me from working on it so its not a huge deal. Im not going to demand my money back or anything.

Because you mention subdomains, I take it glitch.com is a typo and you meant to write glitch.me?

Which DNS have this issue? There are a bunch of Italian DNS that also have issues.

Glitch doesn’t serve IPv6 on its project servers.

A possible solution is to use a custom domain and route the DNS through Cloudflare. I haven’t tried it yet but I intend to.

Your issue seems to be that you are linking the project at (projectname).glitch.com instead of glitch’s project domain, glitch.me

1 Like

Nope. It wasnt a typo. That was the problem. Nice and simple. Thannks.

1 Like