Do changes from a git repo transfer to the Glitch workspace?

Hi everyone!
I am hosting a discord bot on Glitch and also uploaded the code to a Github repo. I was imagining being able to edit the Git repo and have the Glitch workspace update. Does it work like that? Like, any changes I make on the repo will be reflected in the workspace?

Hey @CarlyRaeJepsenStan, welcome to the Glitch forums!

The connection between your GitHub project has to be manually maintained at the moment. You might be able to automate it to a certain degree with some shell scripting and perhaps some git hooks. I suspect other members of the community might be interested in a working example of that.

We are planning some updates to the editor and to some of the workflows around remixing, branching, and Rewind. We’re still defining what that work’s going to entail, and I don’t expect that we’ll start it until later this year, but you’re welcome to add a Feature Idea with the specifics of how you’d see this working and we’ll keep it in mind when we determine what we’re going to work on. The more specific you can be, the better.

If you used GitLab you could leverage their support for repo syncing. The changes wouldn’t be immediately reflected on Glitch but they would update within an hour or so. See https://glitch.com/help/how-to-sync-a-glitch-project-with-a-git-repo-on-gitlab/

Thanks! I’ll file a specific request soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link! I’ve spent the better part of my afternoon fiddling with Gitlab and it seems like it might work :+1: