[DUPLICATE] Is it possible to use Bun on Glitch?

Closed as duplicate of:

(sorry i didn’t find that post when searching)

So Bun just released v1.1 (comes with full, 100% Windows support, finally!), and I would like to try it out on Glitch. I have been using it for a few weeks and I’m enjoying it.

I know I could just work on my code locally, compile it to an executable, and then try to make it run, but I would love to be able to code directly in the editor.

Installing Bun normally seems to work at first but then doesn’t work. And when using npm it straight up refuses to install it.

Hey Tiago! Unfortunately Bun requires a newer version of the “glibc” dependency than we have in our project containers right now. This all ties back to the container update work you’ve seen cori talking about here on the forums.

One of the major milestones of that work will be to upgrade the base Linux distribution and all of its core packages to something more up-to-date, and at that time we’ll be able to start experimenting with offering newer dev tools (like bun, which a couple of us really want to play around with!)

I know it’s been a long wait but cori’s been making some important behind-the-scenes progress recently and we are as excited as you all are to have a modern container to build cool projects in!

3 Likes

Oh, nice! I just discovered a duplicate of this post, so I’m closing this for now :slight_smile:

I would heart your post but I hit the ratelimit lol

1 Like