Dynamic Status Page For Discord Bot Using Uptime Robot API

this is what the statuspage looks when uptimerobot is offline :smile:

1 Like

You sure you specified a monitor-specific token? :joy: :joy: :joy:

WAIT, is Uptime Robot offline?

2 Likes

Yeah uptimerobot was down and i was interested what yours statuspage looks like when uptimerobot was down :smiley:

1 Like

Can you give me the link of the status page (of Uptime Robot)?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an update:

@J-Tech-Foundation, your glitch.json didnā€™t work for me because it kept deleting my public directory for some reason I donā€™t know.

And @GhostSlayer, the reason youā€™re seeing the status page in that situation is because, I think thereā€™s a downtime or something wrong with the Uptime Robot API, which gave me errors in the logs:

[Tue Dec 31 11:37:59 2019] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /app/public/monitoring.php on line 27
[Tue Dec 31 11:37:59 2019] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /app/public/monitoring.php on line 29
[Tue Dec 31 11:37:59 2019] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /app/public/monitoring.php on line 30
[Tue Dec 31 11:37:59 2019] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /app/public/monitoring.php on line 32
[Tue Dec 31 11:37:59 2019] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /app/public/monitoring.php on line 35
[Tue Dec 31 11:37:59 2019] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /app/public/monitoring.php on line 53

EDIT: Uptime Robot is down! And @GhostSlayer thanks for letting me know!

@mishavee, if I do a JavaScript version of the project, can I remove the LICENSE?

2 Likes

You are still basing the idea off of the other personā€™s work, so it would be best to keep it.

But the API is for general use!

2 Likes

Its a good question to ask. This part of the license ā€¦

So it depends on how you do your implementation.

For example, you wouldnā€™t need to include the license if you ā€œreverse engineeredā€ the implementation, which means started from an empty similar API and filled in your own code, without using any of the original code.

Companies that do this for more restrictive licenses typically avoid getting into legal problems by having devs do the implementation without ever having seen the code they are reverse engineering.

On another note, why do you want to remove the license?

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s what I did. As @RiversideRocks mentioned earlier, the concept is the same, but the styling and coding is purely mine.

Well, I do not know. Iā€™m trying to make this completely mine and not copied! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@khalby786 as long as you are redoing the project 100% you should be fine.

1 Like