"EACCES: permission denied" Error

Hiya, I’ve been googling this error for about 30 minutes and can’t find a fix for it.

I’ve been trying restarting my project, running “enable-pnpm” and running “refresh” and none of these have worked for me and for every restart I keep getting an error message like " ERROR EACCES: permission denied, open ‘/rbd/pnpm-volume/66b9d1f2-28f0-4262-8d06-fe11aecddb04/node_modules/express/package.json’"

If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jimmy.

I remember having this error before. However, it only happened on my unprivileged normal user account, not Glitch. Could you send your project link?

I’m having this exact same issue… and I haven’t touched the project in which it’s happening in a while - as far as changes are concerned, it’s in an identical state to how it was when it was working. So really confused why this error started happening :thinking:

UPDATE: I exported the project to GitHub, then imported it (without changes!) into a new project, and now it works. So this seems to have been a weird, non-user-error kind of issue (at least for me).

ANOTHER UPDATE: I also just tried enable-pnpm in the Glitch “Terminal”, and that resolved the issue, without requiring a project clone, as well. Should have tried that first :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Glitch forums!

This seems like an occasional error I’ve found too - cloud repos in general (Glitch, Replit, etc) occasionally just flat out don’t work and throw weird errors. Glad its working with you now!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.