Edit multiple files at the same time (e.g. in Tabs)

One of the most important features I like in “traditional” IDEs is Tabbed editing. I like to have multiple (usually two) tabs open at the same time, and switch a lot between them. This is true for both back-end and front-end development.

This feature might even be more important in HyperWeb than in tradtional dev environments, because it’s quite important to e.g. see someone change the html file you’re trying to affect with js or css.

I know this is not a small feature, and not something that is strictly a showstopper, but wanted to mention it nonetheless because while trying HyperWeb I constantly “felt” the fact that this feature isn’t available.

(Or is it?)

3 Likes

Hi @jeroenheijmans, thanks for the feedback!

We definitely want to make improvements and additions to the editing experience soon. As more people raise common issues we’ll increase the priority of fixes and features that address those concerns, so thanks again for bringing it up :slight_smile:

In the meantime here’s “one weird trick” to simulate a tabbed experience: you can open a copy of the editor in another browser window. It’s definitely a little hacky, but hopefully it can tide you over until we implement a real tabbed editing experience :stuck_out_tongue: .

4 Likes

I agree, this is a good feature to add. The hack works, but having it built in would be smoother.

1 Like

Hi there, I was lookig for some better way to edit code directly, but Im pretty sad, today I discovered VS code extension was removed and alto this tabs were not implemented since 2016. Id definitely consider at least this.

1 Like