.env file disappeared in early 2022 Glitch makeover

Hi, I am used to seeing and editing the .env file that gets created with a new Glitch project (and scrubbed on remixing). In the early 2022 makeover of Glitch, I now can’t see the .env file listed in a new glitch-hello-node project, say, whereas I used to be able to see it in the files in the left panel, or at least via
ls -al
in the Terminal.

With some console.log()s in server.js, I was able to confirm variables like process.env.PROJECT_DOMAIN were populated, so I guess the file is hanging around somewhere!

If you could let me know how I can find and edit it please, that would be great!
Thanks

Hi there - if you don’t see a .env file in the sidebar, it means it hasn’t been created yet for that project - those other variables like PROJECT_DOMAIN live outside of that file and are set by the container.

If you create a .env file and still don’t see it, email support@glitch.com with the name of the project you are having issues seeing it in and we’ll investigate what’s going on!

That’s great, thanks Jenn!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.